Powerful Matter-Based Calendar
CASE-CENTERED CALENDARING SYSTEM
Court dates. Client development. CLE. Attorneys are busy people who have to keep track of innumerable deadlines and appointments. It is crucial that they have calendars that are easy to use, accessible on the go, and ensure that they are in the right place at the right time. Zola’s integrated case-centered calendaring system does all this and more. The feature provides rules-based calendaring, automatically entering critical deadlines into your calendar, so you (and your team) never miss an important deadline. With color-coded, customizable categories, you can designate the type of event, indicate whether the event is recurring, and add invites using the Smart Suggest mechanism. In each case, the events are all keyed to specific matters so you can bill the time for case-related events. The calendar view also shows your colleagues’ calendars to foster collaboration. You can also create private appointments so you don’t have to keep a separate calendar for your personal affairs. That’s the power of one.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE
- Automatically create time entries
- Set private events, visible to firm members only, as “Available,” “Busy” or “Out of the Office”
- Provide unlimited Email, Popup and SMS reminders
- Mark recurring events
- Autocomplete addresses in locations
- Send real ICS invites that can be accepted or rejected by invitees
- Prefilter invitees by matter- related contacts and respective roles using patented Smart Suggest system
- Follow and view your team’s calendars
- Rules-based calendaring
Missed deadlines are the number one cause of malpractice claims against attorneys. To reduce this risk, we’ve integrated with LawToolBox, a legal calendaring and docketing system that automates procedural, administrative and regulatory deadlines so you can focus on what you do best: practicing law.
Rules-based calendaring helps your firm:
- eliminate manual calculation of deadlines
- calculate deadlines based on the rules of civil procedure and other statutes
- monitor for rule changes
- update calendar dates when an event is rescheduled or lands on a weekend or court holiday
Calculate dates based on the number of days out or back, with options to exclude weekends, federal holidays and the ability to save calculations as templates.