Skip To main content
The Suite Spot blog The Suite Spot blog The Suite Spot blog

Law Firm Operations

group of employees holding laptops and papers
Law Firm Operations
Retaining Talent in Your Law Firm
Due to recent events, most law firm employees and employers are re-evaluating their current positions and work environments. Overall, law firms have weathered the COVID storm better than originally expected.
Read More
two people shaking hands
Law Firm Operations
Change Management in Law Firms: Why Managing a Major Upgrade Just Makes Sense
Law firms that don’t adapt and, as a result, miss opportunities for growth, risk being overtaken by agile competitors who are more willing to embrace change. According to Forbes, research has shown that 38 percent of people enjoy leaving their comfort zone, while the other 62 percent don’t like to leave their comfort zone or rarely do so.
Read More

someone typing on a calculator with papers and bills in front of them
Law Firm Operations
Flat Fee Practices Should Still Track Time
In a flat fee arrangement, a law firm provides specific services to a client for a specified fee, no matter how many hours the attorneys spend performing those services. The legal fees are decided before the work is undertaken, making billing more manageable and reducing attorneys’ pressure to achieve billable targets.
Read More
hand holding Getting Things Done Book in front of the Zola Logo
Law Firm Operations
"Stress-Free Productivity" in Your Law Firm
As a lawyer or legal professional, you are well aware of the pressure to stay productive in order to tackle the never-ending tasks that seem to grow with each passing day. David Allen discusses what it means to be productive without being in a constant state of stress in his New York Times Bestselling Book Getting Things Done.
Read More

payment apps on a phone
Law Firm Operations
Can I Venmo You? How to Enhance Client Service as Payment Preferences Evolve
Law firm clients increasingly favor the modern convenience and enhanced security of digital payments over paper checks. As this trend continues to accelerate, the payment options law firms offer will significantly impact clients’ choice of firms to hire. Read on to learn how enabling electronic payments through ACH bank transfers and credit cards can help your firm meet clients’ evolving payment preferences as well as get paid faster and hold on to more profits.
Read More
stack of documents with a pen on top of a laptop
Law Firm Operations
Document Storage vs. Document Management Systems: Key Differences to Consider When Determining Which Your Organization Really Needs
There is often a great deal of confusion regarding document storage and document management systems. As a result, companies often wrestle with the following questions: Which solution is the simplest to manage, the most cost-effective, and the best overall?
Read More

calculator and pen on top of papers
Law Firm Operations
Law Firm Budgets and Forecasts 101
No business owner wants to deal with a financial emergency due to lack of planning. In order to monitor how a firm is doing financially year to year, every law firm should maintain an internal budget/forecast. A budget/forecast report provides the owner a monthly snapshot of how the firm is doing at least yearly with monthly updates.
Read More
two people shaking hands
Law Firm Operations
CRMs Aren’t Just for Big Law: Features That Can Help Every Firm Be More Efficient and Profitable
Although many people think that customer management relationship systems (CRMs) are relatively new in existence, the practice of keeping customer records has existed for centuries. Merchants, even those selling their wares in ancient times, understand that it’s much easier to sell your goods to a current or past customer than to try to cultivate new business.
Read More

woman typing on a laptop
Law Firm Operations
Hybrid Work Environments
In today’s workplace, 65% of employees are looking for another job. To compete for the best employees, employers must remain current, providing a quality, forward-thinking work environment which includes hybrid work options. Prior to the pandemic, law firms allowed only exempt employees (lawyers and professionals) to work remotely, and then only occasionally.
Read More

Ready to supercharge your law practice?

X