Legal Billing, Trust Accounting & Business Accounting for Law Firms
Legal billing software with powerful time and billing, and complete accounting features that maximize efficiency and revenue. Zola Suite offers more than 11 ways to create time entries and the ability to generate highly customizable and visually beautiful invoices. Support for UTBMS codes and LEDES invoicing. Advanced reports that provide real-time visibility across the firm’s practice without relying on integrations with outside accounting applications. Download account activity from major financial institutions. Create accounts payable checks as well as trust checks, process payments, perform batch billing and much more.
The legal industry’s most robust, cloud-based financial management system, Zola Suite gives firms powerful matter-centric billing and legal accounting capabilities.
Multiple Ways to Capture & Bill for Time
- Create multiple timers as needed
- Automatic timers for case-related emails and phone call notes
- Designate calendar events as billable time
- Convert Tasks and Activity Log entries to time entries
- Track time remotely on your iOS or Android device
- Start time on desktop and continue with your mobile device
- Narrative templates show time entry descriptions
- “No Charge” and “No Charge Don’t Show” options
- Flat fee matters automatically default to “No Charge Don’t Show” entries
- Designate round up increments (e.g. 6 minutes) on a per matter basis
- Enter time in either decimals or HH:MM
- Supports UTBMS codes for LEDES invoices
Bulk Billing Center
Bulk email blast or bulk print invoices and statements of account
Save time managing rates with Rate Cards. You can assign Rate Cards with custom user rates to any matter. You can also apply a set discount against all users’ rates assigned from a rate card for a particular matter. Clients can also have a preferred Rate Card which is automatically inherited by any matter you create for that client.
Matter User Rates
Powerful time and billing capabilities, trust accounting and built-in business accounting in a single, synergistic package.
- Record expenses for each matter
- Supports UTBMS codes for LEDES invoices
- Option to charge soft costs to client
- Import copy activity from supported Canon, Xerox, Konica Minolta and Samsung devices via uniFLOW importer
Invoice Unbilled Activities
- Filter unbilled activities by a wide range of criteria
- Bill all unbilled activities or select entries individually
- “Retina Ready” high-resolution logos
- Customize rows, columns, fonts, and colors
- Line item and invoice level discounts
- Supports UTBMS codes and LEDES invoices
- Optionally to include balances for matters and clients
With this feature, firms can set a budget for individual LEDES codes within a LEDES-based matter. Firms can see billed amounts against the total budget as the case progresses. This feature is available to clients with EnterprisePlus subscriptions.
Retainer / Trust Fund Management
- Manage retainers for operating and/or trust accounts
- Receive a notification when retainers fall below designated balances
- View/Print ledgers on matter basis
- View/Print trust account summary with sub-ledgers for each matter
- 3-way reconciliation report for trust accounts
Credit Card Payments
- Accept credit cards using Zola Payments, powered by LawPay, for retainers or as direct payment for invoices
- Clients can pay for invoices on Zola’s Caseway™ Client Portal with credit cards
Get paid Via a Secure Portal, Branded for Your Firm
Share invoices securely using Zola’s Signature™ mobile app and enable your clients to make credit card payments using your LawPay account.
- Write checks for vendors
- Option to pass on expenses for matters for full or partial payment of check amount
- Print on standard 3-part check sheets
- Draw only from trust account (Cannot select operating accounts)
- Selection of a Matter is required (only matters with a positive balance are displayed)
- Cannot overdraw Matter’s ledger balance
- Print on standard 3-part check sheets
Optional Pre-Billing / Draft invoices
Need to have the responsible attorney on the matter review invoices before sending them out to clients for payment? Zola Suite’s powerful pre-bill options allow your firm to implement a wide range of billing workflows.
Get alerts when trust funds or operating retainers run below a pre-specified amount on a per- matter basis.
Advanced Compensation: Split Origination/Responsible Attorney Report
Advanced compensation reports that show billed, collected, responsible and originating.
Disclaimer: not available on all plans. Сontact us for more information.
Reporting and Analytics
Generate (and schedule) comprehensive reports and key analytics that will help you better understand the business side of your practice.
AR Aging Summary
Total amount of unpaid invoices, grouped by Client, Matter and various levels of delinquency
Statement of Account
List of invoices and payments for a particular Client or Matter
Shows information about sales tax amounts collected for a particular duration
A listing of all payments from clients
Matter User Rate
A list of matters along with the Rate Cards assigned to them
Realized and unrealized revenues from Matters introduced by specific referral resources
Realized and unrealized revenues from Matters, grouped by Originating Attorney
Detailed View of Fees split by matter Origination/Responsible rates
Detailed view of Fees, Soft Cost and Hard costs that have been collected by Matter and User
Work in Progress
Summary of unbilled fees and disbursements
Flat Fee Productivity
Review hours worked and collections for Flat Fee Matters
Review billable hours and realization rate by timekeeper
Billable Hours Recap
Daily, Weekly and Monthly view of Billable and Non-Billable Time Entries by Timekeeper
Billed and Collected
Billed and Collected fees grouped by User, Practice Area or Location
Timekeeper Goals Report
Track timekeeper goals for time and amounts billed
A listing by user of hours worked, fees collected and their effective rate
Confirm that your bank balance, book balance and sum of trust balances are in check
Trust Account Ledger Summary
Listing of all trust balances within each trust account
A summary of un-billed fees, expenses, AR, unused Trust and Operating funds by Matter
A complete record of transactions, grouped by accounts
Profit and Loss
Also known as an Income Statement, shows your total income and expenses over a period of time
A statement of the assets, liabilities, and capital at a particular point in time
Chart of Accounts
A listing of all accounts used in the general ledger
A listing of the last balances for each account as of a particular date
A listing of current and previous budget amounts
A listing of all reconciliations
A listing of all write-offs
Generate 1099-MISC and or 1099-NEC documents for 1099-Required Vendors
A listing of payment totals made to Vendors and Contacts
AP Aging Summary
Outstanding payments to vendors grouped by aging period
Listing of unpaid Vendor Bill Expenses that have been marked as billable
Vendor Bill Accounts Payable Management
- Manage Vendor Bills and Accounts Payable
- Generate 1099s
- Bill multiple clients on a single matter
- Set unique rates for each client
- Split percentages independently for fees and costs
- Available for Enterprise Plus plans
Generate consolidated invoices when there is a client with multiple matters in any given billing cycle. Available for Enterprise Plus plans. This feature can be activated on a per-client basis.
- Filter unbilled activities when generating invoices by custom Billing Groups
- Assign either at client or matter-level
Firm admins can set and track billable hours and/or total billing goals for members of their firm. Includes great data visualizations which can be accessed in the Reports section so it’s easy to see who’s meeting expectations and who is falling behind. Metrics can be viewed year to date or by prior month and prior week’s progress toward those goals.
When a payment is received, your firm can easily allocate specific amounts to timekeepers and expenses.
Create firm-wide budgets to forecast revenue and expenses on a monthly, quarterly and/or yearly basis. Learn More.
Download Bank and Credit Card Activity From Over 5,000 Institutions
Reconcile your accounts and assign individual transactions as billable expenses with just a few clicks.
Quickbooks Online Integration
For firms who prefer to use Quickbooks, Zola Suite offers an integration with Quickbooks Online. With this tool, practices can sync invoices, payments and much more.